- Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. – Maya Angelou
- Beauty begins within; the essence of beauty is being at home within our own bodies. – Anonymous
- Living in the present moment is the most dangerous situation that anybody ever faces in life. Because everything you have ever avoided is revealed to you when you live in the present. – Anonymous
- The center that I cannot find is known to my conscious mind. – W.H. Auden
Trust in yourself. Your perceptions are often far more accurate than you are willing to believe. – Claudia Black
- Follow your bliss and doors will open where there were no doors before. – Joseph Campbell
- I’ve finally discovered the source of all movement, the unity from which all diversities of movement are born. – Isadora Duncan.
- It don’t mean a thing, if it ain’t got that swing. – Duke Ellington
- I am not afraid of chaos because chaos is the womb of light and life. What I don’t like is nonmanagement of chaos. – Franketienne
- Our bodies communicate to us clearly and specifically, if we are willing to listen to them. – Shakti Gawain
- Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in the mirror, but you are eternity and you are the mirror. – Khalil Gibran
- Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! – Goethe
- The mind’s first step to self-awareness must be through the body. – Martha Graham (1894 – 1991)
- There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost. – Martha Graham
- Adventures don’t begin until you get into the forest. The first step is an act of faith. – Mickey Hart (Grateful Dead drummer)
- A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
- I wanted to change the world, but I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself. – Aldous Huxley
- Knowledge is love and light and vision. – Helen Keller
- Learning is movement from moment to moment. – J. Krishnamurti
- Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be. – Man of La Mancha
- I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. – Michaelangelo
- Our own physical body possesses a wisdom, which we who inhabit the body lack. We give it orders, which make no sense. – Henry Miller
- How much a spirit needs for its nourishment, for this there is no formula; but if its taste is for independence, for quick coming and going, for roaming, perhaps for adventures for which only the swiftest are a match, it is better for such a spirit to live in freedom with little to eat than unfree and stuffed. It is not fat but the greatest possible suppleness and strength that a good dancer desires from his nourishment – and I would not know what the spirit of a philosopher might wish more to be than a good dancer. For the dance is his ideal, also his art, and finally also his only piety, his “service of God.” (381, The Gay Science,.” (381, The Gay Science, 345f.) – Nietzsche
The punishment imposed on us for claiming true self can never be worse than the punishment we impose on ourselves for failing to make that claim. – Parker Palmer, “Let Your Life Speak”
- The life which is not examined is not worth living. – Plato
- It doesn’t happen all at once, said the skin horse, you become. – Velveteen Rabbit
- The unconscious wants truth. It ceases to speak to those who want something more than truth. – Adrianne Rich
- Love; consists in this, that two solitudes protect and border and salute each other. – Rainer Maria Rilke
- I don’t have a lot of respect for talent. Talent is genetic. It’s what you do with it that counts. – Martin Ritt
- What moves men of genius, or rather what inspires their work, is not new ideas, but their obsession with the idea that has already been said is still not enough. – Theodore Roethke
- All you need to do to receive guidance is ask for it, and then listen. – Sanaya Roman
- The body is shaped, disciplined, honored, and in time, trusted. – George Sheehan
- Those who are occupied in the restoration of health to others, by the joint exertion of skill and humanity, are above all the great of the earth, they even partake of divinity, since to preserve and renew is almost as noble as to create. – Voltaire
ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPERY
(French Pilot, Writer & Author of “The Little Prince”, 1900-1944)
LAO TZU QUOTES
RICHARD BACH QUOTES
- Learning is finding out what you already know.
- Doing is demonstrating that you know it.
- Teaching is reminding others that they know just as well as you.
- You are all learners, doers, teachers.
- Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they’re yours.
- You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true. You may have to work for it, however.
- Your conscience is the measure of the honesty of your selfishness. Listen to it carefully.
- In order to live free and happily, you must sacrifice boredom. It is not always an easy sacrifice